Flatbread Pizza Recipes: A Step-by-Step Guide: Making flatbread pizza is easier than making regular pizza, but the recipe is simple and tastes great. It tastes even better than takeaway and is always a hit! The crust is thin and chewy, and your favourite pizza toppings are on top of it.
I LOVE pizza SO MUCH. Not at all do I feel bad about it either. There are some things in life that you should enjoy, and pizza is one of them. You have to try this Bubble Pizza, this amazing and easy White Pizza, and this tasty Taco Pizza if you also love pizza.
And the best part about making pizza at home is that you can make it just the way you like it! Add some mushrooms and parmesan cheese to mine when I’m making one just for myself. I also like a drizzle of olive oil. I’ll sometimes add spinach to make it look more colourful. You can put in any pizza sauce you like, as well as pesto, sausage, garlic and more. In the box below, I’ve included more of my favourite pizza sauce recipes.
Of course, the flatbread is what makes a flatbread pizza great! That simple flatbread you can make at home tastes better than store-bought, and you can freeze them. After that, you can get them out whenever you need to. The store also has a lot of great things to buy. The amounts are written below on the recipe card.
- What is flatbread? It’s just a simple, very flat dough. It tastes like pita bread and is great for making a simple pizza crust. There are lots of great ones at the grocery store as well as the ones I love making myself.
- You can make your own pizza sauce, which is perfect for this pizza. It’s really simple to make the sauce, but if you need to, you can always buy your favourite brand at the store.
Mozzarella Cheese: This is what makes a pizza melt well. Aside from mozzarella, you can also add other kinds of cheese.
- Pepperoni: You can buy any kind of meat you want, but pepperoni is what my family likes best.
- Basil Leaves: Adding fresh basil leaves pops up the taste and colour. It makes a big difference!
- There are pictures that show you how to put all the ingredients together.
How to Make Flatbread Pizza
This flatbread pizza only needs to be cooked in the oven until the cheese melts because the flatbread is already baked. It’s a simple recipe that anyone can get right. That way you won’t have to worry about if it’s done, and it also freezes really well. Read on for more on that!
- Set up: Heat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set Up the Pans: Put parchment paper on a baking sheet and put the flatbreads on it.
- Put Sauce On It: Cover each flatbread with 1/4 cup of marinara sauce.
- Put On Top: Put 10 pepperoni slices and 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese on top of each flatbread.
- Put it in the oven and bake it for 8 to 10 minutes, or until the edges are golden and crisp. If
- you want the cheese to be brown, broil it for one to two minutes.
- Finish: If you want, you can add fresh basil leaves and red pepper flakes as a garnish.
- Enjoy: Cut it up and eat it!
How to Make Pizza with Flatbread
Flatbread pizza made at home has a simple crust, so the toppings are what really make it shine. You can use my exact recipe or the tips below to make a new pizza that everyone in your family will love.
- Add Vegetables: Adding mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, spinach, bell peppers, and red onion to your pizza can really make it taste even better! I like a plain Margherita flatbread pizza a lot, but it’s always fun to add more toppings. Tomato slices, black olives and fresh rocket are some other ideas. You can make a great pizza by putting together flavours that you know you will enjoy. Keep this in mind as you add your toppings.
- Change the sauce: You can put anything on top of flatbread. I like tomato sauce on its own, but my kids love white pizza sauce the most. For a really easy and creamy pizza, you can also make Alfredo sauce and put chicken and bacon on top of it. To make the flavours of your white pizza really stand out, add some balsamic vinegar and fresh herbs.
- Add Meat: Pepperoni pizza is a family favourite, but you don’t have to stick to that. It makes my pizza taste great when I put chicken, sausage, bacon and prosciutto on it. It might not happen all at once! But not too far off. I say “more is better!”